Christmas at Castle Howard Holiday Cottages
Christmas is such a magical time of year, and the countdown to celebrate and enjoy the 2024 festive season is on!
How better to celebrate than a few days away in December in your caravan or motorhome or a cosy winter holiday cottage break!
How better to celebrate than a few days away in December in one of our luxurious holiday cottages! Here’s why we think Castle Howard is the perfect escape this December.
- Castle Howard will be transformed with this year’s Christmas theme. The Christmas at Castle Howard 2024 theme will be announced later in the year but we can reflect on the huge success of the 2023 event – Christmas in Neverland at Castle Howard. Guest were lost on a magical adventure bursting with fairies, mermaids and pirates. The grand interiors were lavishly decorated with theatrical installations and the iconic 25 ft Christmas tree was proudly on display.
- Our gift shops, farm shops and garden centre will be stocked full of Christmas treats. Enjoy some Christmas shopping, treat yourself to some baked Christmas goodies and soak up the atmosphere.
- Winter is the perfect time for walking! Wrap up warm and enjoy a beautiful walk in the crisp countryside. Explore quiet trails in the Howardian Hills or take a gentle stroll around the gardens at Castle Howard. There are so many choices when it comes to walks in the area.
- Take in the views of The Great Lake. The lake is beautiful at any time of year, but there is a magnificent stillness to it in winter. Early morning when the ground is still crisp with frost is one of our favourite times to sit with a hot coffee and take in nature at its best. The magical backdrop of Castle Howard always delights.
- The annual Malton Christmas Market is filled with stalls full of Christmas gifts, street food and family entertainment. From fairground rounds to entertainment shows. There is even the chance to meet Father Christmas!
- Yorkshire's Winter Wonderland is just a short drive away in York and makes the perfect festive day trip. An outdoor ice rink, vintage funfair and The Chalet alpine café will have you feeling Christmassy in no time.
And of course, we can always hope for snow!