Spring holidays at Castle Howard
Spring is a beautiful time of year for camping and caravanning in Yorkshire. The flora is blooming and the fauna is waking. Castle Howard Lakeside Holiday Park is a great base to explore the surrounding area. Here are some of our favourite things to do in Spring.
- Wake up to birdsong and the sounds of the countryside. A wide variety of birds make Castle Howard their home, from song birds such as Wood Warblers to the rare Turtle Doves.
- The lake is full of wildlife and keen bird-watchers travel from all around the area to catch a glimpse and take photographs.
- Wrap up warm and see what wildlife you can spot on an enchanting walk in the Howardian Hills. Large birds of prey can often be spotted circling the skies, whilst Roe & Fallow deer, stoats and badgers roam the woodlands.
- Find a beautiful bluebell wood for a stunning backdrop for some great family photos. Woodland walks are the perfect family holiday activity.
- Visit a warm and inviting pub for lunch in one of the nearby villages. The Crown & Cushion in Welburn is only a couple of miles away.
- Find out what’s on for Easter at Castle Howard. There are always some great activities available.
- Spend the afternoon at Skelf Island and let the kids burn off some steam at the adventure playground.
- Take an enchanting early evening walk around the Great Lake. A great family holiday tradition.
- Enjoy a fire pit back at Castle Howard Lakeside Holiday Park and finish the day with hot chocolate and toasted marshmallows. The perfect end to a family camping holiday in Yorkshire.